How to Prepare for a Free Consultation with a Denver Personal Injury Attorney
A serious injury, no matter how it occurred, can be a very traumatic and scary thing to deal with on your own. While you may not even be thinking about filing a lawsuit at this point after all, you have insurance, and are confident that your insurance will provide you with the settlement that you deserve meeting with an experienced Denver personal injury attorney when someone else’s negligence causes you harm is one of the smartest things that you can do. Not only will an attorney be able to provide you with legal guidance regarding how to recover compensation to pay for your injuries and other losses after you are harmed, but a consultation with a personal injury attorney is completely free. Here are some tips for preparing for your free consultation:
Come Prepared with Details of Your Accident and Injuries:
In order for a Denver personal injury lawyer to be able to help you, they will need to know some details about your accident, including:
- The type of accident you were involved in;
- What you were doing at the time of the accident;
- What the police report says (it is best that you bring a copy of the police report with you);
- Who you believe was to blame and why; and
- The extent of the damages, both economic and non-economic, you have suffered.
You should bring any documents related to your accident that you can think of, including medical records, the police report, photos of your accident and injuries, correspondence you’ve had with the insurance company, etc.
Know Which Questions to Ask:
A free personal injury consultation isn’t just an opportunity for an attorney to learn about your case, it is also an opportunity for you to learn more about personal injury law and the attorney who may represent you during your case. Don’t be nervous about asking the personal injury attorney questions, including questions regarding:
- The type of law and practice areas the attorneys focus on — you want to hire an attorney who has experience representing clients with injuries/accidents similar to your own;
- The attorneys’ track record of success and number of cases won;
- The attorneys’ trial experience – you shouldn’t work with an attorney who has never been to trial before;
- The attorneys’ background, education, and current bar standing;
- The process, including how long your case may take to settle, who will be working on your case, and what your role will be during the case; and
- Payment – you should never hire a personal injury attorney who doesn’t work on a contingency fee basis.
Share this post:
Schedule Your Consultation with the Law Offices of Anderson Hemmat Today!
A free consultation with a Denver personal injury lawyer is an opportunity for you to learn more about your rights and how to maximize your compensation when someone else’s actions have caused you harm. At the law offices of Anderson Hemmat, our talented Denver personal injury attorneys understand what you are experiencing after an accident, and know that you may have fears about your future and what happens next. When you contact our law firm, we will provide you with the competent, experienced legal advice you deserve, and we will never charge you a cent for our services if we don’t win your case. Schedule your free consultation online or by phone today.